Pre-Medical Society of the Ateneo
Health and Environment Cluster
PRESIDENT: Sheen Apol O. Gonzales
CONTACT DETAILS: email@example.com
On its 43rd year, the Pre-Medical Society of the Ateneo continues to form a community of outstanding future Atenean leaders that strongly value sustainable advancement in the context of health and medicine. In creating various initiatives such as medical school tours, blood drives, and interactions with external partner communities, PMSA is a diverse and holistic organization. It nurtures the physical, mental, and social health of its members, and empowers the community to advocate good health and well-being in response to a multiplicity of modern health issues. Through its efforts, PMSA guides its members to gain a perspective of health beyond the clinical aspect, and assists them in the path they want to pursue. PMSA is a home for members to discover others and themselves, in response to the call of loving service.
V I S I O N
It is the vision of this organization to be a community of students in the Ateneo de Manila University, holistically prepared as future medical practitioners. The organization facilitates the formation of outstanding clinicians and proactive leaders, who have an understanding of the medical profession, that initiate development in the Health sector.
M I S S I O N
It is the mission of this organization through its various projects to provide experiences and opportunities that nurture its members to gain a perspective of health beyond its clinical aspect, develop the ideals of the Atenean doctor, and assist the members in pursuing a career in the medical profession, while initiating interaction and sharing insights with fellow members, and strengthening professional relationships with other communities outside the Ateneo.
- Medical Career Facilitation
- Philanthropy: Service-oriented Program
- Health Awareness
- PMSA is a member organization to the Alliance of Philippine Pre-Medical Societies (APPSoc), together with the other pre-med orgs from UP, DLSU, and UST!
- PMSA also has a bunch of members coming from unusual pre-med courses, such as BS AMF, BS MIS, AB COM, AB DS, etc.
- PMSA won 2 of the COA Awards last year: Project of the Year (Blue Blood: A Bloodletting Event), and the External Collaborative Effort of the Year (Operation: Health).
- Ateneo Blue Cross – First aid teams composed of members that were trained under the Philippine Red Cross during PMSA’s First-Aid Training are available for deployment for streamlined request. The structure of the team was formalized and streamlined through a documented Code of Procedures, developed in cooperation with the OSA.
- LEND Program
First Aid Training
In partnership with medical professionals, students are taught basic life support and first aid techniques. After successfully completing training, students are licensed as first aid providers and join the Blue Cross, the official first aid team of PMSA.
Blue Blood is a week-long blood drive that actively encourages students to donate blood as an avenue to give back to the community and help those in need.
NMAT Quiz Bee
A quiz bee that helps the students prepare for the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) and encourages academic excellence, teamwork, and sportsmanship amongst the participants.
|MVP 306, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City|