Ateneo Management Economics Organization
PRESIDENT: Shannen Justine M. Caintic
CONTACT DETAILS: email@example.com
The Ateneo Management Economics Organization is the premiere business investment organization in the Ateneo. For more than two decades, MEcO has stood by its core competencies of financial literacy and impact investing. Moreover, MEcO is a non-stock, non-profit student duly recognized by the Junior Confederation of Finance Associations – Philippines (JCFAP). It aims to promote the practice of making strategic and responsible financial and economic investments to contribute to the growth of its members as competent professionals and compassionate leaders geared towards the economic improvement of Philippine society. MEcO has had several investment-based projects, the National Student Investors Convention, which discusses financial issues and concerns to students all over the country. MEcO also holds community projects that empower many more outside the Ateneo with the power of financial literacy. These beneficiaries learn the role of money in building their future. Because MEcO believes that financial literacy is a skill that everyone should possess, it is open to all students of the Ateneo. MEcO believes in the empowerment of the community both on a professional level and in the familiarity of a family. Above all else, MEcO presents the opportunity for a fun learning experience in the fields of finance, business, and leadership.
V I S I O N
We envision the Management Economics Organization as the premier business organization committed to making responsible financial and economic investments, which contribute to the development of its members as competent professionals and compassionate leaders.
M I S S I O N
The Ateneo Management Economics Organization’s mission is enjoining empowered members to specialize in investments by continuously developing and implementing both profitable and sustainable projects for economic improvement in the Philippine society.
- Financial Literacy
- Impact Investing
- MEcO is represented by our mascot, MEcO Bull, which actually refers to a “bull market”. Bull markets are characterized by optimism, investor confidence and expectations that strong results will continue. The use of “bull” and “bear” to describe markets comes from the way the animals attack their opponents. A bull thrusts its horns up into the air while a bear swipes its paws down. These actions are metaphors for the movement of a market. If the trend is up, it’s a bull market. If the trend is down, it’s a bear market.
- Although MEcO is the home organization of AB Management Economics majors, MEcO is also open to ALL students in the LS community. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to learn all about how money works and how to invest it wisely, hence making it a home to anyone who is willing to learn.
- The course AB MEC falls under SOSS, but MEcO’s NSTP is under SOM NSTP!
- NSTP – Since all sophomores have to go through NSTP, MEcO, with the help of OSCI, Eco dept and SOM have worked together to make a discipline-based NSTP programs for sophomores. This project caters to various DSWD communities and the SMDS Coop.
- Student Support System + MEcOmpany-Ready – The Student Support System is the project that aims to provide students with talks on various academic related concerns that MEcOnistas go through such as JTA, Minoring, Marketing 101, etc. MEcOmpany-Ready on the other hand aims on providing internship and job opportunities to the outgoing seniors and aims on helping them become ready for life outside of the Ateneo.
National Student-Investors’ Convention
Investment Mentorship Program
National Student-Investors’ Convention (NSInC)
NSInC is a one-day symposium that aims to discuss investment-related issues in the country encouraging students to engage in investment vehicles with speakers imparting insights on Personal Finance to Social Entrepreneurship.
Investment Mentorship Program
The Investment Mentorship Program aims to provide a progressive and in-depth learning and application on investing in both closed and open sessions. The topics range from introductory to intermediate such as trading strategies.
Save! is a year-long initiative which manifests the importance and long-term benefits of saving through teaching kids the fundamental methods behind saving and developing saving habits at an early age.