The Ateneo Assembly
Analysis & Discourse Cluster
PRESIDENT: Janus Ted T. Maclang
CONTACT DETAILS: email@example.com
The Ateneo Assembly is the political organization of the Ateneo de Manila University. It envisions an active youth participating in deepening democracy and building the nation through socio-political involvement, serving as both the leader of awareness and opinion as well as the main avenue for discourse, engagement, and action towards social and political transformation.
The organization seeks to create spaces of discourse in the mission to make Ateneans and the community beyond aware, informed, and involved in various issues, problems, and questions in society. It serves as an avenue to sustain youth involvement not just in campus politics but also in national politics as well.
The Ateneo Assembly is a home for anyone with a passion and with a cause, because the personal is the political.
V I S I O N
The Ateneo Assembly is the Political Organization of the Ateneo de Manila University. Envisioning an active youth participating in the work of deepening democracy and building the nation, The Ateneo Assembly sees itself as the prime organization for Atenean socio-political involvement, serving as both the leader of awareness and opinion, as well as the main avenue for discourse, engagement, and action towards social and political transformation.
M I S S I O N
Seeing itself as a distinctly Atenean response to the call to love and serve others, the Ateneo Assembly seeks to lead the youth effort in forging a free and just future in a shared world through awareness, involvement, and engagement. It seeks to create spaces of discourse in the mission to make Ateneans and the community beyond aware, informed, and involved in various issues, problems, and questions in society. Further, the Ateneo Assembly serves to sustain youth involvement in the political by strengthening campus politics towards a more vibrant and engaged university community. Lastly, the Ateneo Assembly commits to bridge the youth towards engaging civil society, the nation, and the marginalized sectors through creating avenues of participation, action, and development.
- Strengthening Campus Politics
- Awareness and Engagement in Politics and Society
- To prove that politics is for everyone, we have 7 non-POS majors in our Administrative Board. We have officers who are taking Communication, Management Economics, Economics-Honors, History, Information Design, and Diplomacy and International Relations!
- Except for two years ago, the Assembly presidency has always been a matriarchy!
- Besides heated conversations about what’s happening locally and internationally, MVP 312 is one of the noisiest org rooms because members and officers love to talk about anything and everything under the sun. They also love playing monopoly deal and video games! It’s like tambay week every week!
- Campus Politics Multistakeholder Engagement – The organization possesses a bridging capacity as a non-partisan body in demanding accountability in student governance. With its skill and expertise in politics, Ateneo Assembly can hold engagements with the Sanggunian and enable multi-stakeholder coordination, facilitate aggregation of interests, demands, and resources, and provide publicity targeted towards the student body.
- Politicization Client Consultancy – Politics is multidisciplinary. Ateneo Assembly can provide political formation and education to organizations that want to explore the politics of their advocacies and demand institutional reform for issues they care about. It can also assist in stand formation and promotion of organizations’ advocacies through its research, infograph, and mobilization system.
Philippine Model Congress- Ateneo
PMC-A intends to promote socio-political awareness among the Filipino youth through their involvement in the creation of bills and/or the repealing or amendment of existing laws that are of national importance and which can serve as a guide for implementation in the actual Philippine Congress.
Face the Nation
A national situationer that aims to provide a multi-sectoral analysis of the actual conditions of the country’s political economy using fact checks, reality surveys and panel commentaries. The interactive format allows students to engage and inquire about their advocacies and priority issues.
The Citizen is the official online and print publication of The Ateneo Assembly geared towards deepening our understanding of sociopolitical issues through critical writing and creative work. The publication conducts itself by experimenting with other forms and mediums of work to contribute to raising the level of public discourse.