Ateneo Student Exchange Council
Intercultural Relations Cluster
LOCAL COMMITTEE PRESIDENT: Trisha Kaye V. Tiburcio
CONTACT DETAILS: email@example.com
Going into its 50th year in 2017, the Ateneo Student Exchange Council has made its mark as the organization for intercultural and student exchange in the Ateneo.
As the official student arm of the Ateneo Office for International Relations, we are the home organization for foreign exchange students and the support system for the Junior Term Abroad program.
ASEC opens up opportunities for our members to transform into global citizens by experiencing intercultural exchange through our various projects and efforts. These include culture swap activities, providing information on study abroad programs and exposure trips both local and international.
Overall, our advocacy is to build a multi-cultural community that unites our members together from different countries.
V I S I O N
To form members who have developed a sense of global citizenship.
M I S S I O N
To bring the Ateneo community together through intercultural exchange.
- ASEC is global. We facilitate the exchange of the different aspects of culture through interactions between our international and local members.
- ASEC forms friendships. We create avenues for our international and local members to form more personal connections and lasting friendships.
- ASEC is Home. We serve as the official student representatives of the inbound and outbound exchange students of the Ateneo.
- It is ASEC’s 48th year in the Ateneo.
- ASEC serves as the home organization of the Ateneo foreign exchange students.
- ASEC was originally known as Ateneo Sophia Exchange Council, as its first international partner was Sophia University in Japan.
- Campus Tours – Being the official student arm of the Office of International Relations, ASEC conducts Ateneo campus tours for the exchange students, ASEAN participants, and other foreign visitors of the LS community.
- Local Trips – ASEC provides local trips around the country through its various open projects.
- International Trips – ASEC provides international trips around Asia through the ASEC Flies Series.
Ateneo Study Abroad Fair
ASEC Flies takes delegates to a local and international destination to develop friendships and immerse in the culture. This year, the week-long cultural trips will be in Bicol and Cambodia.
Ateneo Study Abroad Fair (ASAF)
This 5-day fair is packed with talks and info booths encouraging students to go on a student exchange and showcasing the different partner institutions available for JTA, STA, Erasmus and post grad.
A project that pairs ASEC members with the incoming international exchange students to be their first friend in campus and to introduce them to the different aspects of the Filipino culture.