Ateneo Musicians’ Pool
Media and the Creative Arts Cluster
PRESIDENT: Benjamin Lorenzo T. Ledesma
CONTACT DETAILS: email@example.com
Though its name suggests that it is only open to musicians, the Ateneo Musicians’ Pool (AMP) welcomes all music enthusiasts—regardless of whether or not they can play an instrument or belt a tune.
AMP thrives on the collaborative efforts of a wide range of people—from photographers to performers, writers to promoters, sound engineers to designers, videographers to event organizers—all united by a passion for music. This is exhibited in the organization’s major projects, events and multimedia alike, where members have the opportunity to involve themselves in any aspect of the production, from pre- to post-.
AMP is a family—an incredibly diverse one whose members may differ in all respects, save for a love of music that, at the end of the day, proves to be more than enough to bring them together.
V I S I O N
We, the Ateneo Musicians’ Pool, are a non-profit organization where individuals realize their integral development through music.
M I S S I O N
We dedicate ourselves to excel in music production, development and appreciation by creating projects and structures that support members in enhancing their talents and fulfilling their pursuits. We advocate our members’ holistic formation and contribute to the transformation of the Philippine society by creating a view of human existence where music and the arts are essential.
- Music Production
- Music Appreciation
- Music Development
- Ateneo Musicians’ Pool has a bench between SEC B and SEC C Foyer where the members can be found jamming to different types of music.
- Some AMP alumni include Itchyworms, Spongecola, Never the Strangers, Imelda, She’s Only Sixteen and the list goes on.
- AMP’s logo is actually the visualization of a recording of a person saying “Ateneo Musicians’ Pool.”
- Rentals – For music events (e.g. performances, variety shows, open mics), AMP can provide sound equipment. The package includes a mixer, two 200 watts RMS speakers with stands, three mics with cables, extension chords and instrument cables. This service is limited to events within Ateneo de Manila University grounds.
- Musicians – For events of all genres and themes, AMP can provide bands and soloists for musical performances both acoustic and full set (i.e. use of amplifiers, drum kits, etc). Service is subject to a small (negotiable) compensation fee for the performers’ preparation, transportation, and instrument upkeep expenses.
Rites of Passage
Rites of Passage
Rites of Passage is AMP’s first gig of the year, kicking things off by welcoming the newest members and giving them a platform to showcase their skills.
AMPliTube is AMP’s official online magazine. It serves as a platform to publish music interest content, where musicians and music enthusiasts alike can celebrate and engage in discourse on the craft.
A celebration of music, Recital is AMP’s pride and joy. As the culminating event, Recital brings the Atenean community together with a 3-day concert, organized and performed by AMP members.