Ateneo Association of Communication Majors
Media and the Creative Arts Cluster
PRESIDENT: Patricia Melissa L. Abaquita
CONTACT DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are the Ateneo Association of Communication Majors (ACOMM), the university’s premier media and communication organization and home to all Communication Majors. We provide various skills and opportunities necessary to develop competent and socially responsible media experts ready for today’s dynamic media landscape.
We develop the skills of more than 400 Communication majors through projects and efforts in different fields such as Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Production and Media studies. Our goal is to foster media professionalism among our members.
In line with ACOMM’s goal to deliver media with discipline, we also offer services which cater to the community’s media needs. ACOMM houses its very own production unit, MIRLab and the university’s first student-run internet radio, Magis Radio.
V I S I O N
As the premier media and communication organization of the Ateneo, ACOMM is committed to developing competent and socially responsible media practitioners.
M I S S I O N
ACOMM exposes the Ateneo community to multidisciplinary approaches to communication. In a society with a dynamic media landscape, we are dedicated to offereing output-based and socially relevant endeavors.
- Media Discipline
- Media Practice
- No Place Like Com
- We are on our 13th year!
- Our new logo is based on tangram puzzle pieces.
- Although we are the home org of all Com majors, we are open to all Ateneans!
- ACOMM has Magis Radio, Ateneo’s first online radio station, and MIRLab, the Communication Department’s in house production studio.
- PUN FACT: Com majors love puns.
- Magis Radio – Magis Radio is Ateneo’s first ever student-run internet radio station. It involves the Ateneo community by entertaining and informing its audience with various themed shows.
- Hosting – ACOMM has a diverse roster of Event Hosts and DJ’s who can keep audiences entertained and engaged with their pleasing personality, wit and charm.
- Graphic Design – ACOMM is also home to artistic individuals with a passion for visual communication where graphic design is a medium to express their creativity.
- Event Documentation – With a pool of skilled photographers and videographers, ACOMM delivers quality raw and edited event documentation.
- ACOMMpany – ACOMMpany is the official dance troupe of ACOMM. Recognized for being 2012’s Rhythm-in-Blue’s 1st Runner-up and for their OrSem performances, the team continues to join various competitions and perform for events.
School Invasion utilizes our core competencies of Media Practice and Media Discipline, equipping public, high-school students with communication and media tools needed for personal skills development and national building.
ACOMMFest is a week-long ultimate bonding experience for ACOMM members to experience that there truly is no place like COM! Members from all units come together to celebrate achievements, successes, and ACOMM pride.
The Lopez Digital Media Series (LDMS) are produced by ACOMM’s film-making arm, MIRLab. In this project, members create meaningful documentaries which are showcased to the public at the end of the year.