Ateneo Christian Life Community
Faith Formation Cluster
PRESIDENT: Jonathan J. Jiao
CONTACT DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACLC forms its members as Christ’s living witnesses through the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola. We seek to be contemplatives-in-action who journey as friends in the Lord through spiritual, communal, and apostolic formation as we pray together to serve together.
As we grow together in prayer and sharing our lives, we learn about and embody the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola through prayer, discernment, the consciousness examen, and greater awareness of God’s loving labor in our lives and world. This enables us to respond more freely and urgently to the needs around us.
Our response to God’s loving labor leads us to deeper friendships with one another and our Payatas families. These friendships deepen our participation in Jesus’ mission to encounter God’s love. We allow these encounters to open us up to living more simply and in greater solidarity with those on the margins as a reflection of our ever deepening relationship with the crucified and risen Christ.
V I S I O N
The Ateneo Christian Life Community envisions itself as a community of Ateneans who are living testimonies of the CLC Way of Life, discerning towards a permanent commitment to this vocation. The CLC Way of Life is a lay vocation rooted in the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola as put forth in the General Principles of the World Christian Life Community.
M I S S I O N
The Ateneo Christian Life Community, at the service of God and society, in solidarity with the World Christian Life Community and the Church, with Mary as our model, strives to form its members as Christ’s living witnesses according to the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The ACLC undergoes a formation program composed of Spiritual, Apostolic and Community aspects, which are integrated in response to this ideal.
- Ignatian Discernment
- Formation in the CLC Way of Life
- ACLC is part of a larger national organization, CLC-Philippines, and also part of an even larger organization, World CLC, recognized all around the world.
- We love to eat. Whether it be after area, after prayer sessions, or just randomly during the day, eating is the way to go.
- One of the jokes about ACLC is that it does not mean Ateneo Christian Life Community, but actually really stands for Ateneo Christian Loving Couples.
- Discernment seminars/ talks for orgs – ACLC can offer members to guide or facilitate other organizations or groups through the process of discernment usually, but not limited to, candidacy and elections.
- Prayer Session facilitation – ACLC can also offer members to facilitate discussions and sharings for short recollection or prayer sessions for small groups. This is to help these groups develop a deeper grounding of their experiences to Ignatian Spirituality.
5-Day Ignatian Silent Retreat
The core of ACLC formation is a 5-day encounter with God in silence. We journey through the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises with a retreat guide as we get in touch with our and God’s deepest longings.
Weekly Area Insertions
ACLC members spend Saturdays in Payatas as their apostolate to build relationships with urban poor families, provide formation activities, and discern to live more simply in solidarity with the poor.
Weekly Prayer Sessions
Small groups of members, with a spiritual guide, grow as friends in the Lord and living witnesses to God’s merciful love through prayer, discernment, and sharing key moments of our lives each week.